Cardi: Gift, Scarf: Mall [$5], Shirt: Hand-me-down [Free],
Leggings: Motherhood Maternity [$20 B1G1], Boots: Gift
Y'all, I am in the HOME STRETCH!! Only 12 weeks and a half weeks left until Gideon's due date!!
How far along? 28 weeks 1 Day [in the photo which was taken Sunday]
Total weight gain: 20 lbs last time I was weighed
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Sleep is okay
Best moment this week: Snuggling a lot with my youngest. He had a fever all day Sunday and all he wanted to do was snuggle. That may seem weird that it was a "best moment" to me, but I love loving on my babies when they feel sick.
Miss anything? Being able to drink more than one cup of coffee or tea. [probably won't change]
Movement: Yes, feeling and seeing him move a ton :]
Food cravings: Cookies
Anything making you queasy or sick? No
Labor signs: None, though I thought I was having some Braxton Hicks. It turned out to be just my ligaments pulling and hurting soooo much! Since that day, I haven't had any pain so all is good.
Symptoms: Indigestion and craps in my FEET!
Belly button in our out? In/out
Wedding rings on or off? Off at the moment because my engagement ring has a prong that needs fixing and my wedding band was irritating my finger and making it raw. This happens because water gets trapped under it when I wash my hands, which is very frequent.
Happy or moody most of the time: Pretty even keel this week :]
Looking forward to: Our maternity photos this weekend!
I have been incredibly blessed since I started attending a Christian mom's group that brings in lots of mommas from the community!
It is called Mom2Mom and it is kind of like MOPs but it is for mom's with kids of all ages.
While the moms get together the kids get together as well and have a little Bible lesson of their own.
My kids seem to really enjoy it!
The heart and vision is that the older women would teach the younger women, as in Titus 2: 3-5.
I am always hesitant to join these type of groups just because I can be a bit of an introvert, but like I said it has been a total blessing!
I wanted to share a few points from today that I took away with me.
- There are lots of expectations put on us as mothers: cultural, family, and our own. Which one do you struggle with the most? [for me, it is my own!]
- examples of my own expectations:
- you're never good enough
- she's a better mom than me [I compare myself to Mrs. Duggar A LOT! I admire and respect her so much!]
- stuck in mommy guilt
- 4 things God calls us to as mothers
- Provide: physically and emotionally [Luke 11:11-13 and Eph. 6:4]
- Protect: from inner and outer harm [Matt 18:5 and Prov.22:15]
- Prepare: teach them God's way! [Eph. 6:4 and Prov. 1:8-9]
- Pass it on: Leave a legacy. Legacy and generations matter to the Lord. [Prov. 22:30-31]
- The TOO much trap: Are you a...
- Spoiler mom
- Hovering Helicopter mom
- Mama Einstein mom
- A perpetual preacher mom
- A gracious environment allows us to raise STRONG kids/adults
- Education should be about LEARNING not WINNING
- Don't ask "am I a good enough mom?", but rather "am I a growing in GRACE mom?". [2 Peter 3:18]
- And to conclude it all, "I'm a mom called to be a mom to my children".
I felt like that was a wonderful load of sweet goodness to think on and act on.
I am, again, SO thankful for this group of women and look forward to what is to come.